Thursday, March 04, 2004

So yesterday my internet wasnt working so great. so here's some quotes from mrs. p yesterday and then some conant stuff from today. both of them were subdued during their lectures, not yielding as many quotes as usual. i think its the blah weather.

WEDNESDAY MARCH 3, 2004 (Bree's 23rd birthday. Happy birthday Bree!!!)

todays class was actually rather hilarious because of 2 stories. one was when she was convinced we were on the 2nd page and began counting out all the pages for us, when indeed our packets were on page 3 while hers was on page 2. it was really funny if you were there, not so funny if you werent. so sorry you missed out. the other one being the story about mrs. p having to go with her daughter on a tour of the a&m campus this friday, even though mrs. p has been teaching here for 30 something years. about which she said,

"Do I want a tour of A&M's campus? ohhh yes!! I've only walked around this campus for 30 years. And here's where the corps of cadets resides. ohhhh really?!?! (slaps face) I'm going to be good, really. I'm going to be good."

and

"Pray for me or whatever you do that on Friday I wont embarass my 16 yr old." (well, pray for sure, thats what i do)


other random quotes from the class period included:

"Is everybody with me? Is anyone with me?" --mrs. p

"This is not going well." --mrs. p

"I cant even talk. That's hard to believe." --mrs.p (very difficult to believe)

"It would really help a lot if you weren't a blank slate."--mrs. p (true that)

"I'm a self-dillusionary type of woman."--mrs.p


THURSDAY MARCH 4, 2004

"Dont think. Just react."--conant (or maybe the reverse of that would generally be better, because that just sounds dangerous)

"Wiggle. Jiggle. Wiggle AND jiggle."--conant (relax, he was talking about jell-o)

"There were many days I had to drag those things out of their clammy little hands and say for [goodness'] sake get outside and get some exercise."--conant, expressing frustration at his 2 sons' obsession with pokemon

"Let the creativity flourish. Just let it percolate."--conant (excellent word usage. it sounds exciting and fun. sorta.)

"Concept testing is where you test the concept."--conant (it is?)

"A truck that can morph into a convertible. Innovative."--conant (and geeky)

"The first question is the word who. w-h-o. The next question is when. w-h-e-n. The last question is how. h-o-w."--conant (just in case any of the college juniors or seniors in the room weren't exactly sure how to spell those w-o-r-d-s.)

And J Fenn made it on the board today with this one:

"Here we have functional music without the function." -j fenn (now how did we let that happen!?!)

Thats really all from yesterday and today. But the best mrs. p quote from wednesday is that there is NO class on Friday!! So basically this means I have a 3day weekend starting in the morning. Or now really, since I'm through with class. WHOOP!

No comments: