Thursday, June 09, 2005

where everyone knows your name

well i'm in oregon for the summer these days. its a little chill and wet, i must say. and i love it. of the 3 summers i've spent away, this has been the easiest transition, due obviously to the fact that i've been here before. this makes the first day of work more like a joyous reunion rather than an intimidating initiation.

the number one thing i've learned this week is that, left to my own devices, i have the attention span of about a third grader. sitting in an office with a plethora of Bible studies to write, and registration forms to be collated, and resources to be organized...this is hard for me to sit still and concentrate. i suppose i should practice this summer, because come this fall, this shall be my life. today they brought in a brand new computer for me to set up for one of the staff members, and i was a little embarassed that that was the hilite of my day at the office. but seriously, who doesnt like new toys? at least this summer i have the hope of days filled with basketball drills, sound boards, and lighting, as opposed to papers, copies, writing, and preparing. here's to installing microsoft office tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the weather here has been a little on the rainy side as well. but not chilly, just hot and humid. eww. wish i was there with ya!

Will said...

Good to hear you got that puppy setup properly! Glad everything is going well.

CYNTHIA said...

we want more...we want more...we want more...

Martha said...

Ok, I keep coming here...looking for a new post and I get nothing. Then I think, "man, I just gave her counter another hit for NOTHING!" As we all know, those of us who keep a blog live and die by 2 things: comments and the counter. And, there is a secret (or, in my case, not so secret) envy that occurs when another blogger has more comments and/or a higher counter. So, you'd better get over to little LJ's blog and make his counter rise...oh, and leave a comment while you're there!

Anonymous said...

mom and dad are thinking about letting me getting a blog yours has givven me a great idea love little sis