Tuesday, May 31, 2005

out of the mouths of.....demons???

i have discovered a new phenomenon here in the new town where my family lives. after growing up in midland for over a decade, with a "rather popular" older brother, one can get used to being asked about my relation to him. ditto with a&m. minus the decade part. i find that my family has begun a new life in a new town where apparently matt and i are out of the picture. o sure we are referenced and spoken about, but for the most part our family starts with jennifer to most people. imagine my glee when my parents friends mention to me that while they have never met me, they always keep up with jennifer since she....get this....writes for the paper.

it mostly reminds me of a story found in acts 19, where the seven sons of a jewish priest are overtaken after trying to cast out an evil spirit, with the evil spirit saying to them, "Jesus I know and Paul I know; but who are you?".......

"Jennifer I know and Bekah I know, but......who are you??" i guess nobody really knows. but i tell you one thing, i refuse to write for any newspaper.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, thats totally random that i definitely read that chapter in my devotional book this morning!

Martha said...

This is hilarious! At least you've never been asked if you are Matt's mother. Yes, this has happened to me, but I choose to believe the person who asked was, and still is, insane.

Anonymous said...

I have been asked if I am MartyJ's father by a teacher at MHS while at a function honoring the owner of this blog site.

big bro / dad

CYNTHIA said...

is that a conference speaker sighting on the "a day from the eighties" blog??? Wow!

Martha said...

And, big bro, that person was also...insane! As we have noted...the difference in our ages (yours and mine) is only slightly larger than the difference in our ages (mine and Matt's). So, if it insane in one direction, it must be insane in the other as well. It is what geometry people would call "a proof".

Anonymous said...

MArtyJ- what about me! I was assumed to be Matt's mother...by the former President of the United State's wife...not cool.. But on the other hand, I was known as "Sharon's roommate" by a ton of freshman upstreamers...much cooler.

Martha said...

Yes B - I thought about your encounter as I wrote about being asked if I am Matt's mother. I have to say THAT really IS insane! Whatever for that.

And this is officially the most times I have left a comment on the same post!