Sunday, April 03, 2005

in doing 2 very innocent things, i find myself with 2 brand new time wasters to enjoy. at this point you are probably thinking that i, of all people, do not need MORE things to waste my time on. but you are probably just jealous of my mad time management skills that enable me to appear to do absolutely nothing at all.

new time waster #1
while innocently trying to communicate with my brother & sister in law, they discovered, in a word, skype. skype is incredibly cool. it uses voice over IP technology and voila your computer=telephone. and if both parties are on their computer=absolutely free. to anywhere in the world. you can also, from you computer for roughly 3 cents a minute, call any landline or cell phone. amaaazing. this is particularly handy if you have a brother & sister in law living in london. you should download it yourself and call me!

new time waster #2
while innocently just trying to help a friend edit an audio file, i downloaded a free audio editing program called wave pad. its fun to play with.

time waster #1 + time waster #2
in order to use skype, you need to have a microphone. and so yesterday i ventured out to old wally world for the first time in literally many months and bought an uber cool "skype certified" internet chat headset with microphone. it even has interchangeable color plates. this is pretty tight stuff. BUT this also leads to infinitely more fun with wave pad, when you can record your own audio files!

so if your looking for something to do:
1. download skype and call your friends/family/random strangers
2. buy a tight microphone headset and....have fun
3. practice editing songs

if that doesnt sound like fun to you, then geeze. i dont know what does.

i did tear myself away from my new toys long enough to go to 5 innings of fightin texas aggie baseball "batting practice" until the chill air and my flip flops just couldnt stand each other any more.

attention: 8 more days of classes EVER for me in my undergraduate career. can i just say whoop?
countdown to graduation: 40 days.

No comments: