Thursday, February 17, 2005

today i ate lunch at jasons deli with a pal of mine. we ordered, incidentally, identical sandwiches. i happened to order mine first. she happened to receive hers first. and then we waited. and waited. and waited. finally, i dragged (drug?? i always forget) myself over to the counter and pronounced that 'i've been here a long time and never got my sandwich.' i should have gone over a lot sooner, because i knew it was an abnormally long time to wait for my sandwich, but i was really tired. they had failed to make my sandwich. the sandwich-maker-people were ordered to make one 'on the fly'. i was offered a salad while i waited, which i declined, because then i would be too full to eat my sandwich. perhaps it was because i declined the salad, or perhaps it was because i looked so forlorn, but shortly thereafter the manager came over and gave me a business card on which he had scrawled 'good for dinner for 2 anytime'. i thought this rather extreme...me waiting an extra i dunno 15 minutes? and they give me a card worth potentially near $15-$20. but hey, i'll take it.

quote of the day:
Remember: "A good friend will come bail you out of
jail....But a true friend will be sitting next to
you saying "...WE screwed up! BUT WASN'T IT FUN!!!

i'm afraid i have too many true friends and not enough good friends. good thing i dont plan on going to jail...

No comments: