Saturday, May 12, 2007

A call for recipes ...

Living in Austin has been great fun for me thus far. Typically, early Saturday morning, Charles and I set out on Lake Travis for a long morning of fishing ( I'm not sure Sharon enjoys the early wake up call though ). Having Charles as a fishing partner is especially useful for me because he doesn't actually eat fish. What I catch ... I keep. What Charles catches ... I keep.

By the way, being able to do this is exciting in and of itself because in San Antonio the only place available for fishing was on USAA grounds. I'm not making that up.

I've brought home fish 3 weekends running with each weekend being more fruitful than the last. Today we caught 18 fish. After throwing seven of them back after running out of space to keep them and giving four away to a neighbor, my personal stash looks like this:


If memory servers that's 3 white bass, 2 black bass, a crappie (the small fella on top) and a striper (the bigun taking up the length of the pan). Unfortunately for them, they have been turned into this ( spoon added for size reference ):


And have a destiny with this:


Thus, we need lots of fish recipes! So if you have a good one feel free to post it :)

Ross

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross, I have a pretty cool recipe where you make this breading out of smashed up rice krispies but I haven't used it in about 20 yrs. so don't know if i can find it. those fish look delicious. I am so impressed. KJ

Anonymous said...

oh goodness. looks like i will have to visit this summer...alot!

Anonymous said...

Blackened Fish
Rub tons of mixed seasonings and plenty of pepper on the fish, grill on a flaming hot fire until the smoke alarm goes off. Serve immediately with glass of cold beer. Serves as many as will try it.