Monday, October 04, 2004

so i had a really good weekend. friday night i went with the business honors association down to houston. we got a really cool tour of minute maid park and watched the astros game. fun game, and i'm glad they clinched a playoff spot today, even if i couldnt keep my eyes open past the 4th inning. but friday's game rocked and it was a fun trip down to houston, my fourth time down there since school started, believe it or not. once to help bree find her wedding dress, once for an awesome jeremy camp concert, once to lead worship, and then to the astros game. phew.

saturday i went to the a&m game, which was awesome time. we had incredible seats too, south 30yd line, row 4 on 2nd deck. beautifulness. i was so excited we won! my throat hurts really bad today though.

some interesting quotes:

(i dont have any quotes from class on friday because, well, i'll let you guess why.)

"wait, whats that white thing in the middle of the sand??"--evelyn, at the astros game
"huh? .......that's second base." -me
"i thought they would run all the way around near the wall."--evelyn
"thats really far"-me
"well they ARE professionals." -evelyn

"I studied by the pool today, it was awesome. Whenever I was about to fall asleep I just jumped up and went swimming." -evelyn

Evelyn totally rocks my world!! I've never met a brazilian i liked better. :)

--Paul, in Philippians 1:20-21
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed but now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain."

**The opposite of shame is honor. For most of us, if we feel shame, the opposite would be that we would feel honored.
**But Biblically, the opposite of feeling shame would not be that we would feel honored, but that Christ would be honored.
**What you love determines what you feel shame about.

--Christine Hoover, teaching on magnifying Christ through pain and death

"Perhaps your greatest problem is not that you don't know the will of God, but that you are unwilling to do it." --Pastor Tim Owens






No comments: