Sunday, July 08, 2007

Flood Waters and Grand Openings

Sharon's busy serenading me with a well worn guitar so I will once again have the honor of sharing our weeks adventures with you. This week I'm offering you a brief photo essay rather than a journal entry.

With the never ending rain, you of course know that Lake Travis is close to the brink. Here is a photo of the rather rare opening of four floodgates at Mansfield Dam to counter the surge.


Charles and I have found that there are catfish hiding in the bushes and trees that provide some cover from the lively currents. (8 lbs)



Sharon and I have opened a new cafe we call "Hytnen's on the Bend". (Yea we stole the name, so what?) The patio is a little wet from installing a water mister in the rafters that is supposed to have a cooling effect. I'm dubious of its claim of 30 degrees but even 10 would be a pleasure. As you can see, we have foose ball and chess table available for patrons (and free wi-fi!).



On Sunday nights, we even have live music...



We found some cute coconut cups that go well with our little home made Jamaica.


Here I am being superfluous.


That's me, pretending to play chess as an advertisement for our new establishment.


This is me actually playing chess, about the time I met Sharon. A photographer took photos of each game in progress and gave a hard copy to the winner of each individual game. I still remember every move of this game two years ago, but I can't remember where I leave my keys from day to day.


And so until next time, I hope you enjoyed the photos and we can't wait to start receiving visitors to Hytnen's on the Bend!

Ross Hytnen
(So as not to confuse Cynthia)

6 comments:

CYNTHIA said...

misters? like at Six Flags? that's so cool! I think I'll stand right under it next week on my visit.
~Cynthia Hopkins

Unknown said...

Is catfish on the menu of your cool restaurant??Huh,huh??

Unknown said...

I notice you're wearing the cool Hobie shirt we gave you!

Jennifer Josefy said...

yaay picturesssssssss... for those of us too poor to afford a trip to hytnen's on the bend. : (

CANT WAIT TO SEE iT FOR REAL.

Anonymous said...

me and rachel wish you would blog about minnie's throw up :]

gah. rachel and i.

Anonymous said...

wow - I have been missing out on a lot. glad I had a chance to catch up on the blog and I'm bery impressed with Hytnen's on the bend. Good to know that if things don't work out with your current professions, you've already got a back-up.

Glad I got to see you two on Saturday - thanks for coming up!