Friday, March 24, 2006

just shoot me now

ok so some lady apparently felt pity on me for not having anything to post about. and whether out of spite that has grown from a lack of updating this blog or out of sheer stupidity, this lady --my hairstylist--check that, former hairstylist, and i do use the term lightly--murdered my hair today. while i do recall multiple occasions when a haircut caused me to burst into tears as a child, it had been a long time. i do confess to shedding a tear or two today when i got home. i like to chalk it up to a tough week and venture back into the bathroom to convince myself it really wasnt all that bad. and no, it wasnt really so bad...it was worse than i'd thought. after about 4yrs of going to the same hairstylist person in midland i'd gotten to a place where i only semi-dreaded getting a haircut. it is situations such as today that i think my haircutophobia is not unfounded.

haircut lady person: yes let me just ignore what you asked for and cut your hair however the heck i feel like and while i'm doing that let me just butcher it beyond repair and pretend like i did go to school for this.

me: yeah i'm pretty sure a 2yr old with plastic scissors could have done a better job. let me just pay you for this wonderful service you have provided me...


while i'm relating stories, here's another one from today, a phone conversation:

me: um yeah, about that, i'm going to need to find out some results, can someone please call me back?
idiot, i mean, person on phone: ok what is your last name
me: josefy. j-o-s-e-(slows down)-F-y
idiot, i mean, person on phone: ok josephine. but what is your LAAAST name
me: that IS my last name. josefy. j-o-s-e-f-y. but my first name is sharon. s-h-a-r-o-n.
idiot, i mean, person on phone: ok so its sharon j-o-s-e-p....what?
me: my name is sharon josefy. j-o-s-eeee-fffffffff-yyyyyyyyyyyyy
idiot, i mean, person on phone: ok and your date of birth?

it is no small wonder to me that i have not received a call back.

3 comments:

Will said...

There's got to be someone good at customer service. We should find out who that is.

And, you should post a picture of your haircut. At least when you don't take outdoor pictures you are now seeing the reflection of the sun on your head!

M&B said...

Agreed - the only thing that could possibly make it better is to let everyone else cry with you in sympathy. Must see a picture.

And should also log onto Skype to talk about cricket with your london relatives - but we're 7 hrs ahead this week since we change our clocks sooner than you do

CYNTHIA said...

ditto on the post a pic sentiments.

and, m&b, maybe I shall have to boycott the sharester if you begin to publicly discuss cricket 7 hours prior to any CST cricket news. sheesh.