Wednesday, January 26, 2005

so this semester seems like its going to alrite. despite what dominos says, i'm still all about fridays, not tuesdays. i enjoy the quiet times with LJ. so far! and i really like mondays and wednesdays. i really thought i might get bored, but so far, i've had more than i could accomplish. tuesdays and thursdays are somewhat of a drag, but knowing i only have to go twice a week, has gotten me to every class so far.

"dont let all these boys scare you off. you'll be just fine"--hanik, the basketball coach. (this will be determined tomorrow, when we actually play basketball.)

"they must be more finite than nebulous" --ammons (an old prof i had in pre-blog days. i have nothing i want to say about him. he observes my 477 class with fowler. charming.)

"well the dog stays in the house with us. she wont necessarily LIVE in this [dog house]. its to be more of a......cabana?" --keith clanahan, guest lecturer in 477, (in response to my question while he was trying to teach us project mgmt by planning to build a dog house for his dog.)

"with the pony express you never had a guarantee your message would get through. the rider might get killed by Indians or fall into a big hole, or he may get cold and light all the mail to keep warm." --norton

"they're not exactly apples and oranges but its sor of an apple/orange juice....mixture." --norton (a smoothie? if you will...)

"i paid 800 dollars for my first cell phone and it had about 4 parts to it. my wife keeps telling me i should throw it away..." --norton

"i'm not really sure whats going on but in preference to burning up, i say we should leave."--deutsch (did the fire alarm go off during this class? why, yes it did. did we all sit there like dumb idiots doing nothing? why, yes we did. did we finally decide to exit the building? why, yes we did. well, actually markum and i just stood in the hallway, near the door, close enough to make a dashing exit should we smell smoke. did several people just leave and not come back? why, yes, of course. did i stay? why, yes, naturally. really? i know, i must have turned over a new leaf.)

"imagine reading a boring textbook....like maybe the one we have for this class....."--deutsch
(i dont have to imagine this....i have plenty of experience)

well thats about all i got folks. hopefully will get some more quotes down tomorrow in classes. hopefully also i'll get more in the groove of updating more regularly, for you, my beloved reader.

i shall close, with a list of things i HEART, by request, in no particular order....
1. i HEART my soon to be new job
2. i HEART J-Jo
3. I HEART oregonians that stinkin rock my face off :-)
4. I HEART the rowing machines at the rec
5. I HEART being a senior again. Whoop! I forgot how good it feels....
6. I HEART cool evenings, driving around with the windows rolled down
7. I HEART fridays with LJ
8. I HEART phone calls from my brother and sister in law (whoa watch out!!) from london and i think its a middle eastern man trying to sell me something "do you have a pen?"
9. I HEART alias and 24
10. I HEART Ezra? Yes, Ezra. Check it.

3 comments:

bekah kay said...

a certain sister is a little on the jealous side of not being hearted :'(

thesharester said...

no fear, this was not a fully yet exclusive list. of course i HEART bekah boo.

Anonymous said...

A certain Aunt and Uncle are so happy that you HEART their little boy...We HEART SJ!