Wednesday, January 19, 2005

the much anticipated first blog of 2005. finally. i have received angry threats, letters, IMs, emails, and verbal warnings as to the lack of my updating. i apologize and hope that none of the readership has been offended beyond forgiveness for my neglect.

i have many topics to share about, all of which cannot be addressed in only one entry, but i shall share more of them as time goes on. briefly, my break was good. it included time with family, friends, and a ton of driving. also it included my brothers wedding and a trip to the cotton bowl, where it was rumored the aggies were playing, but we didn't see them there, unfortunately. more on my break in the future.

the beginning of the end. yes, yesterday marked the beginning of my final semester at A&M. so far i have had a blast hanging out with everyone. it is my first and only matt and bree-less semester, which is certain to be odd. i have seen several movies since i returned: the village: excellent film, and not as scary as i thought it would be, but still really interesting, collateral: another excellent film and quite intense, little black book: ridiculously dumb movie that i wish i'd never seen and put me to sleep.

so this semester, i'm very excited about. i have only a web based class and tues/thurs classes. meaning mondays and wednesdays i'm left to my own and fridays i will be 'working' but at a pleasurable task that i'm stoked about. also mon and wed are available for substitute teaching.

a rundown of my classes:

8:15 am : Basketball/Health. I walked into this class, and saw many boys and 1 other girl. when the coach announced the name of the class the girl promptly got up and left, leaving me by my lonesome in some boys P.E. class. seriously i dont know what the deal is, its not football or wrestling, its BASKETBALL, and i really figured there'd be some girls in there. i cant drop it because i need it to graduate, so i guess i will just have to show those boys how to play a little basketball. i then spied mark across the room, and then i was a lot more excited, because maybe he can protect me?? that is, if he's awake enough. coach = hanik.

9:35: Large Scale Information Systems Project. the reuniting of team awesome. the class might be horrible and the teacher nearly unbearable, but any class with team awesome cant be that bad. can it? professor= fowler.

11:10 :Data Communications & Networking. I dont know anyone in here. But i hope to learn a few things, and at least Norton is aware of Josefy. which is always nice.

then i go home for lunch.!

2:20: Management of Information Systems. Markum is my pal in this class, ja? professor= deutsch. the king of big words. this little old man can spit out more big words than my mind has time to process. slightly boring topic, but a wealth of good quotes are sure to abound from this class. the horridness of him actually lecturing for the entire time on the first day was tempered by his 'proffering' up some quotes....

"i've got an unusual phone: all it can do is make calls." --deutsch

"as you can tell from my manner of speaking, i'm not from here." --deutsch

"actually, management really is a dull subject so we're going to have to work pretty hard to keep this interesting." --deutsch

"everyone here is a young adult-except for me. i have somewhat more maturity in that area." --deutsch

and from his syllabus....

"In rare cases of factual contradictions between the text and Instructor's notes, precedence should be given to the Instructor's materials."

"Students should avail themselves of the opportunity to ask questions of these guest experts."

"In cases of pathological mal-performance, a Group may elect to discharge an individual member with the concurrence of the Instructor."

2 comments:

bekah kay said...

yay...finally!! i have been waiting for this blog entry oh so impatiently! after checking every day for quite sometmie i was very joyed to see the new post!! today is a month from my birthday FYI!

Martha said...

I echo your sister's sentiment...I too have been waiting for the newest entry. I'm already laughing at the quotes and am very glad you never took my class. I can only imagine all the things I said today that would be on your blog! See you Friday...LJ is very excited to start spending time with you.