Wednesday, August 13, 2008

back to school

so yesterday was my last day working at UT. it all went very quickly, but i got a call from a RR principal that was looking for a teacher/coach as he'd had someone back out on him at the last minute. we chatted on the phone for a bit and he invited me in the next day for the interview. i was impressed during the interview and the coaching opportunity had me quite interested. i assured them i had NO experience coaching volleyball as they were looking for someone to coach both volleyball and basketball. they assured me that i would be fine and they would let me know the following week. well, 2hrs later they called to offer me the job and i accepted it the next morning. i then walked in and resigned from my job and gave a 1wk notice.

and so here we are. this is a much bigger school district with lots of resources available and a new principal with a lot of enthusiasm and good ideas. not to mention its less than 15min away from my house. so i'm ready to give this another shot. i'll be coaching volleyball and basketball for 8th graders and then teaching 6th grade math, which is nice because thats what i taught last year. i only have 4 sections of math instead of 6 like last year and my classes will be small (approx 20) because of a strong emphasis being placed this year on improving 6th grade math.

so i have a few days off as i'm waiting to officially be hired with all the paperwork and everything, and i'm studying up on volleyball and jfer is coming to stay with us for a few days as well. so here we go again! here's hoping for one awesome school year. be sure to check out the madteacherdiary blog to keep up on all the school stories.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, we'll have sports stories as well as math stories!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you, and excited for the kids that get to have you for a teacher or coach! They are blessed! Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

I wondered how long it would take to get you back into the job you seem quite well suited for. Hope this year will be much better for you, and as your Nana has already said, the kids are blessed. I look forward to volleyball stories!! Love from, Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good Job. Love You always, YAZOO