Tuesday, March 27, 2007

pillow talk?

so a lot of times people ask me, sharon why are you so smart? and i always give credit to my parents. but seriously, i wonder the same? but i think i have discovered a possible answer to this question.

probably most people have generally the same amount of intelligence for 24hrs of each day, right? i mean, how smart you are is how smart you are, 24/7, barring periods of extreme fatigue or other odd things that can alter your brain functions. i, however, have an ability to concentrate alll of my intelligence to my waking hours. this has the effect of making me 2x as smart as i am genetically...which leaves me as pretty dang smart.

at least when i'm awake. apparently in the wee hours of the morning i'm a complete moron. you might be currently skeptical of my intelligence doubling theorem, but after you read these conversations that i have with ross at 5 or 6am, i think you will be sold!

sharon: you know who i havent seen all day? (this in itself is dumb. i spent all day by myself at the house)
ross: who?
sharon: minnie!
ross: i put her in the other bedroom.
sharon: with the cat?
ross: who?
sharon: minnie!
ross: minnie IS the cat. (and also the only 'person' i HAD seen all day)
sharon: oh.


phone rings at absurdly early hour

ross: whose is that??
sharon: i think its lingerie?
ross: what?
sharon: lin-ge-rie.
ross: i dont know what you mean.
sharon: <> its like bras and panties.
ross: i know what lingerie is. i think its a phone ringing.
sharon: it is?
ross: yes, is it mine or yours?
sharon: i dont know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

to whom do you owe your extremely funny sense of humor to?? KJ

Anonymous said...

my boss thinks ya'll could have your own sitcom

Anonymous said...

Ah, newlyweds...you still call it lingerie - on a daily basis.

CYNTHIA said...

there's a flaw in you theory...it seems to me that if you could double your intelligence during your waking hours, you also ought to be able to double your tennis and basketball playing abilities. Unless, of course, I'm just THAT good.

Anonymous said...

wow! you just made my day. that was so random. you are just like mom though.
J*Rod