Wednesday, January 24, 2007

what? a post?

haha my blogging skills have deteriorated to the point that i have no earthly idea how to spell deteriorated. i shall blame it on my job and falling in love....both of which have kept me quite busy lately. we're currently at t-minus 5weeks to our wedding and each and every one of those weekends is jam-packed full of adventures all over texas. so should be fun!

meanwhile, i've been contemplating the changes i will have to go through to adjust to married life. i'm sure there are many things that i haven't even begun to think of that will come up, but i have already identified some areas that i will have to make adjustments in, some of which are listed below for your perusal.

1. because ross and i will be living together, i'm going to let the lease run out on my apartment and move somewhere else. this inevitably means that at some point between now and the end of march i will have to take down my christmas tree. :( this is sad because i am still enjoying my christmas tree and wish i could leave it up longer. also, i am wondering if ross will oppose leaving up our christmas tree so long. this could be my last february to have my christmas tree up!

2. also i assuming that ross will not enjoy my current habit of having the alarm clock go off at 6:51am, 7:00am, 7:09am, 7:18am, 7:27am, 7:36am(sometimes i get up here), 7:45am(i usually get up here), 7:54am(non hair-washing days) and 8:03am(oops!). some would point out that i could actually get another full hour of sleep if i would just set the alarm for 7:36am, but i like to have a little bit of warning (namely, 45minutes) that my precious sleep is about to end. i'm sure ross will understand?

3. no one tell my parents but since i live alone i find it an entirely useless exercise to make my bed unless i have company in town. i mean seriously whats the point. its not that i dislike a made bed, but there are just a whole lot of other things that take priority and that chore never seems to make it to the top of the queue. maybe that will change. but as they say, what does not kill us, makes us stronger. but i do like my snooze button, no matter what they say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and this list could continue to 1 gabillion - but marriage is very good and making these changes is just something that must happen...surely he'll have to make some too?!

I find that I like getting into a bed that is made more more than a bed that has been unmade all day. Unmade all day = messy sheets that don't feel as good at the end of the day. Made bed = crisp comfort that seems clean and relaxing!