Monday, July 24, 2006

new pet & a crazy evening

so last night i made one of those late night runs to walmart that are so prominent in college years and still fun to make even when in the working world. i decided i needed another frog to go with my water frog and betta. so the guy got one of them out for me and i noticed where one of its eyes should be was simply a gouged out socket. i asked for a different one. you may think i should have kept it and loved it, but i already have a frog with gimp arms so i opted for a healthy frog this time. the fun part is he is super tiny. he is about 1/8 the size of my current frog. i'm not sure i'm my frog has just grown that much....after all he is super fat now, or if this new guy is just ultra tiny. at any rate, there's a new frog in the hizzouse

tonite was the one night our kickball team should have won b/c we were playing the other worst team. oneproblem: not enough people bothered to show up for the game. most disappointing.

some friends came over after the game for burgers and swimming but in the meantime while they were on their way over from picking up their gear at their house, ross and i managed to catch my kitchen stove on fire and as i tried to open patio door to get smoke detectors to stop beeping a birds nest fell on my head because thats apparently how often i go out on my porch and then a wasp flew in my door and so i ran into the bathroom and hid while ross killed the thing like the man that he is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Hey girl! You may think this a crazy way to find you, but I was thinking of you recently & remembered that you had a blog....so I searched you out & here you are. Hope things are going well in San Antonio. Would you send me an e-mail? I want to ask you about something. Thanks! Beverly Parrish--
beverly@aggiebsm.org

Anonymous said...

Was your oven locked again? There's got to be a funny saying to say about the bird's nest on your head but I can't quite think of it right now. KJ

Anonymous said...

What is new froggy's name? KJ

thesharester said...

new frog is nameless. as is the fat frog and the betta. all up for debate if anyone would like to assist.

Anonymous said...

haha as i read your stories i had images going through my head since now i have been at your apartment. it was pretty funny to imagine. i "l'ed ol" because you can't really "lol'ed" cuz that'd be laugh out louded.

Evelyn said...

i can always count on your blog for entertaining stories to brighten up my day! :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA THAT MAKES ME LAUGH!

Martha said...

I think a bird's nest falling on your head is a sign of positive things to come. Was the bird's nest in use, or had all the birdies left?

See you soon!