Saturday, November 06, 2004

so close. what a crazy fun krunk game. i've never heard anything so loud & crazy. my ears are still in pain. my throat is like ahh i hate you. and the aggies are 6-3. i was walking all the way home from the game b/c my car is broken and hmm there i was just walking when i spy $20 just chillin on the ground. so momentarily i am $20 richer, which turned out to be a real good thing, b/c my uncle fixed my car (good news!!! he rocks my world) but i'm a poorer person now. but $20 richer than i would have been. i felt really sad for whoever lost the bill, but am glad at my good fortune.

there's something about being at kyle field, that makes me become rather irrational. for some reason i truly believe that by simply yelling louder or waving a towel a little faster, i can somehow will the football players to make a good play. or perhaps if i will just jump up and down and act crazy then we just might win. eh well, its fun. i was watchin hi-lites on all the halftime shows and was feeling pretty proud. one poor stupid dude was trying to be nice to us i think but he clasped his hands and pointed up like a senior was going to whoop and then says 'gigem aggies'. no man, thats WHOOP. gig'em is thumbs up. geeze.

on thursday i began my career as a substitute teacher. i had a very luck class of third graders. we had a blast together, i was so nervous though. i got to do fun teacher things, like write on transparencies with the overhead projector, read books aloud and turn the book to show pictures, answer questions about tests, and give a spelling test. i also had recess duty. when i was a kid, i loved recess. it was good to experience recess again. i've heard horror stories of students in Bryan, but these kids were the sweetest and loved 'miss josefy'. they told me all sorts of fun stories and funny quotes. if you're interested, ask me about the girl whos pants were too tight, the boy who spits, the girl who cant stop hugging, our voting discussion, and the girl who's mama weighs 100 pounds. it really wore me out, but i hope to keep on doing once or twice a week.

well, vaughn bryant, my anthropology prof, took a step up in coolness this weekend, by allowing me to postpone taking his test in order to go to san antonio for an interview. not only did he allow this, he did it enthusiastically, encouragingly, and helpfully. encouragingly? hmm. anyway, i'm done. that game took it out of me.

No comments: